Well it has been 6 months since the last post. If any of you are still out there I'm impressed.
The last year has been a whirlwind. Tornado. Hurricane. Tsunami. Whatever you would like to call it. I'd like to go back month by month and catch you up but I fear I'll actually never get around to it so we will start with today and see how far we get.
Summary: We survived. Sometimes it was hard - a lot of times it was hard. Sometimes it was joyful. I learned a lot. A lot about family. A lot about weakness and strength and how they actually play together. I learned a lot about friends. I learned a lot about bitter and sweetness. I learned how you need to be at your weakest to find your strongest. I learned a lot about marriage and how simple the idea is and how complicated it can be, but really it is simple. I learned how kids can be small and childlike but wiser and deeper than we give them credit for. I learned about the "fox-holes of life" and how even when you feel alone when it's dark and scary and everything is blowing up around you - you really aren't alone. I learned depression sucks rocks. I learned sometimes you have to admit to your weaknesses to someone else because you actually can't carry your cross alone. I learned that isn't always a bad thing. I learned about tender mercies from a loving Heavenly Father and how you sometimes have to learn to recognize them but once you start seeing them it is like seeing stars - your eyes have to adjust but they are numberless. Some are brighter than others. Some are constant. Some are like shooting stars - bright and flaring with a streak across the sky that will change you forever.
Now? Now we are here. Our family is together. We are in our new home in the valley it all began. It feels so right. So peaceful. So quiet. The anxiety and depression and fear and unknown for the last year seems to melt away and I don't just have to *choose* joy but I am joyful. My heart and head are quiet and peaceful and the respite is such a blessing. I am healing.
It's a new beginning. It feels so right.

No comments:
Post a Comment